The U.S. Civil War
The U.S. Civil War is a 2-player strategic-level war game of the American Civil War. The game covers the entire war from 1861-65 on a large 30” x 44” map area (2 mounted maps) of the Southeastern United States. Turns represent 3 months during the winter and 2 months during the summer, with four Action Phases to each turn.
Military forces are represented by generals and strength-points (SPs). Each SP represents approximately 5,000 soldiers. Game mechanics stress strategy, maneuver and leadership but details like ironclads, naval battles, leader promotions, forts, and commerce raiders are included.
Shorter scenarios are included that cover just 1861, 1862 and 1863.
- Two mapboards
- Three die-cut countersheets
- One Rules Booklet
- 30 Action Cards
- Two Setup Cards
- Two Player Aid Cards (Identical)
- Two Army Displays
- 6 six-sided dice
- Game Map(s)
- Sample Counters
- Consimworld Discussion Page for The U.S. Civil War
- VASSAL Module [Note, change the extension from .zip to .vmod after downloading.]
- Zuntzu Game Box [Note, remove the .zip extension after downloading.]
YouTube Review of The U.S. Civil War by Gilbert Collins
2-3 weeks per Phase; 4 Action Phase per turn
24 miles per hex
Each Strength Point = 5,000 men
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
- Achtung! Für Kinder unter 3 Jahren nicht geeignet. Erstickungsgefahr, da kleine Teile verschluckt oder eingeatmet werden können